3/7/09

Finally a layout to share...

Well I've been a pretty bad blogger lately haven't I? I have done some scrapbooking but have decided to submit some pages to a few magazines so I thought it probably was wise not to put those pages on here. I'm not sure what magazines policy's are but I'm guessing they'd prefer pages that haven't been seen before. Not that my blog is seen all that much.....but if you are someone who reads my blog here & there then thank you for that. Send me a message sometime...I'd love to get to know more fellow scrap artists.

Anyway...enough rambling...Its a gorgeos day in the 60's here & I'm anxious to get outside & enjoy some more fresh air. So here's the layout I have to share today...

Bet you can't guess what the paper line is here?

Yup...my favorite..Basic Grey. This is their newest release. I believe its called Marrakesh? not 100% sure on the name..and even less sure on the spelling...lol. But I love this one almost as much as Ambrosia. I love color !! I usually lean toward the colors of nature onmy pages...neutrals, greens, blues etc. But lately vibrant colors make me really happy. I think choosing colors for my layouts is my farorite part of the creative process.

Below is a closer look at part of the layout....2 new things for me used here...

I purchased 3 new slimline border punches from EK Success recently that I LOVE. Michaels just got them in stock & it was so hard to by only 3. I love border punches lately & seem to be accumulating a collection of them. But these slimline ones I really love a lot. All 3 are used on this page. The green border to the right of the photo, and the turquoise & coral colored borders at the bottom. Also new on this page is glitter...edging the photo & the flowers as well. I picked up a few from Martha Stewart crafts along with the glue that goes with them for the glitter to adhere to and although glitter is a real mess to work with I do like the little bit of sparkle they add to the page.
So thats it for now....I'm going to go enjoy some more sunshine but hope to get some more scrapping done tonight. Have a great weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life has been too hectic for blog-reading lately so I'm behind. Time to remedy that! Love the layout, as always...you and Basic Grey were made for each other! And I've been seeing lots of pretty designs in those new punches...I might have to check them out. Great layout, Donna! Brenda