4/20/09

Progress

Remember this photo from back in December? It still makes me so sad to look at this & see what that ice storm did to my back yard. So much damage....so much to clean up when spring arrived. And that's what has been consuming every free minute of my time these days. Hours & hours of cutting & dragging logs and branches around in an effort to uncover my yard again.
This is what it looked like a few days ago. You can't tell from this photo but that large pile of branches way back there is about 8' high x 20' wide in each direction. And that's not even all of the branches...you can see piles of them on the left & right leading down there. But my yard is begining to appear again so I'm making progress while getting ready to begin burning this past Sunday.
wow there's actually land under all that debris. Still a lot of logs to cut up for firewood...
but thanks to this...
and my awesome sister in law who spent her whole sunday helping me burn...that huge pile of branches is nothing but ash now. One more weekend to burn & get rid of the piles in the front & side yard and then I'm going to relax & enjoy spring & summer and just pick at the rest of the mess bit by bit. I'm just happy to have my yard back.
And you can't believe how good it felt to sit ours butts in these 2 chairs after hours of hauling & burning. My whole body aches today. oh yeah...and tick number 2 had to be yanked out of my other leg today at work.....yuck !!
Sadly my back yard won't look like this again...but I'm so glad I took and framed this photo before the ice storm arrived to give me a whole new view.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Donna...such a lot of work for you! But I can see the progress in the photos you've shown. Sending a little encouragement your way as I know it must seem like an endless task. Brenda