4/18/09

Macro magic

ugh....goosebumps....I just pulled a tick out of the back of my leg...yuck !!! I hate ticks....now I need to watch for signs of lyme disease since it was too small of a tick to know if it was a deer tick or not. Lovely !!! I'll need to check Jake & I closer after being out in the woods doing tree clean up.

Anyway...that's not why I started this post. Before I was interrupted by the itch on the back of my leg I was posting to share some pictures I took of the arrival of spring in my gardens. Plants are so fun to shoot in macro mode and I love how some of these came out...

The bulbs are all blooming now...isn't this little tulip pretty?
I don't even know what these next 2 are ...although I can remember planting them when I first moved here. Love the blue though...especially love the second photo.

Even the daffodils are blooming.Last year for some reason they never bloomed so I'm happy to see them this year.

The lilac bush is coming along nicely. Cant wait till this is in bloom. One of my favorite scents is a lilac bush in full bloom.
The azaleas (which are newly planted a couple of weeks ago) are covered in buds . It will be fun to see them bloom for the first time.
The perennials are beginning to grow too. This Johnsons blue geranium is looking very healthy..
Love this photo of one of the seedums in my sun garden
daylilies..
My beloved purple iris's are coming in beautifully. These are so gorgeous when they bloom.
And this one surprised me how quick it grew & is already in bloom. Pulmonaria is one of my favorite shade plants. Such an interesting pretty little plant.

that's all for now....I'm very tired so I'm off to read in my cozy bed for a bit. Enjoy your weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love all the photos of the flowers in your yard! It's fun to see what grows in your part of the country and doesn't in ours. Lilacs are my favorite flower ever so you'll have to share photos of them when they bloom and I'll have to imagine their fragrance. Brenda