2/10/09

Meet me

I saw this on Cosmo Cricket's blog and thought it might be fun to share on here as well. So here goes...25 random facts about me...

1) I graduated from hairdressing school but chose not to pursue that career because at the time I wasn't thrilled with the personality types working in that field (at least with the people I worked with at the time)

2) I'm very very afraid of bats...the 2 times I had them in my house may have played a large part in that fear.

3) I love Mexican food...the hotter the better

4) I was once a licensed high lift/fork lift operator....many years ago

5) I love to garden...but you'd never know it by looking at my house plants that I continually forget to water

6) I'm very independent...being a single mom for so many years has made me even more independent I think.

7) I hate violence....in my younger teen years I sometimes got hurt trying to break up fights. I still have a lump on my head 30 years later from my ex husbands elbow from one of those fights I tried to stop from happening.

8) I grew up traveling as a kid....we camped in most states east of the Mississippi...but Maine was the state we camped the most in. I still love to travel but prefer now to stay in hotels in a comfy bed rather than camping.

9) I've lost almost 15 lbs in the past few weeks...and I'm determined to keep at it till I get to where I want to be.

10) I have no use for dishonest people in my life

11) I also dislike drama......I'll go catch a movie if I want to see drama thank-you-very-much.

12) My favorite flowers are sunflowers & daylilies

13) My least favorite yard work chores are mowing the lawn & raking the lawn.

14) I'm determined to own at least one Corvette before I die

15) One of my favorite smells is the smell of freshly baked bread....tastes pretty good too !!!

16) One of my weaknesses is chocolate....I haven't had any for 3 weeks :(

17) I rarely drink...just an occasional drink if I'm out to dinner etc.

18) Not surprisingly...I have no patience for obnoxious drunks either.

19) I'm a night owl...If I didn't have to get up for work in the morning I'd probably stay up till 1, 2 or 3 am every night.

20) My favorite state I have ever visited is Wyoming...such a gorgeous place...need to get there again sometime.

21) For the first 12 years of my daughters life I was self employed with a dried floral business. I had a studio I worked out of in an old mill building...I miss that creative space that was all my own.

22) My worst personality trait (at least I think it is) is that I'm very impatient

23) I love to write and have always dreamed of writing a novel. I have even had a title & story in mind for years. I may just have to do it sometime...even if just for my own sense of accomplishment.

24) I listen to country music 99% of the time.

25) I talk a lot...some might say too much...lol. What can I say...I love people & being a single mom for so long without another adult in the house makes me all that much more starved for adult conversation.

So there you go...25 things you didn't know about me...and maybe didn't want to know...lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the weight loss, Donna! I'm so proud of you as I know that's such hard work. Thanks for sharing all the little things about you...I learned a lot! Brenda