11/22/09

The sister act strikes again

So my sisters & I did another race together today. A 5 mile "turkey trot".

My sisters ran it but as I am not a runner I did the walk...which was also a race. And nope...I didn't come close to winning but it was really fun to challenge myself to keep at a fast pace. And I finished 20 minutes quicker than I thought I would so I was really happy with my time. The guy that was in front of me for the last 3 miles had on the most cloyingly sweet cologne....yuck. I swear he must have been wearing half the bottle...it was torture to be behind him.

The walk finished just before the run began so I waited at the finish line to try to get pictures of Kim & Deb as they passed me. I got one of Deb and then waited & waited for Kim to come by. I finally gave up thinking I must have missed her.

When I found them in the crowd I told them I was only able to get a picture of Deb as I must have missed Kim....thats when they told me Kim was right next to Deb & they finished together side by side in 38 minutes time.

So my one & only picture that I thought was just Deb....and look who's there just to her right. Perfect !!!

And they are looking pretty darn good aren't they...considering they just ran 5 miles.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you! Congrats!