11/28/09

A couple of layouts to share

I was going through some old photos the other day & found some pictures that I decided to create pages with.

The first is a photo of my Dad & I dancing at my sisters wedding more than 30 years ago ( I was a senior in high school when my sister got married ) This picture reminded me how much I miss him. We were so much alike in so many ways. From him I learned to love photography & travel. The first trip I took after he passed away was very sad for me because I didn't have him there to go over maps with deciding which would be the best route to drive. And I didn't have him there to help me enjoy going through my photos after the trip was over.

This next one is with my grandparents. My grandmother had a hard life....she had one husband who left her & her children to fend for themselves. Another who went overseas to Germany & was not allowed to return...and ended up dying while there. And a third who also died. But when she met my grandpa (who was the only grandfather I knew) she met her match. They were inseparable & very happy together for many years.

I love the photo on the right so much. You can just feel the love they share can't you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to come back when I can stay longer and read but I couldn't go without leaving a comment on your beautiful layouts. Heritage layouts can be difficult but you've made it look so easy with these great pages. I'm inspired! Brenda