12/6/08

Layouts to share

Just a couple of layouts to share tonight before I crash. Jake & I finished cutting up & stacking the dead tree that was cut down a week or so ago & I'm sooo tired tonight.

The layout below is what I ended up with when I tried to do Ali Edwards "a week in the life" idea. It didn't take me long to realize that my Monday - Friday pictures would be pretty repetitive shots of my commute, my desk etc. But these pictures were taken on the day I started (9/28/08) which was a Sunday & also happened to be my 47th birthday. So I thought a day in the life page might be a better idea for me than a week in the life.

Artistically its not my favorite page, but I'd bet years from now it might be my kids favorite pages. So for me, even though it's a very basic page...I still like it a lot. I laugh when I look at the price of gas in this layout. That was just over 2 months ago & I was so excited to see how cheap gas was getting to be. And now its half of that...but I'm sure that won't last forever. And years from now when my kids look at this I can just imagine them saying "wow look how inexpensive gas was"


This layout is pretty simple too. And I have no idea why I chose purple cardstock...but it works with the other colors well I think. I wanted to record the pictures of Tanner from the day we got him so we could look back at how cute he was as a little guy. When I see these I see how big he has really grown in the past few months. Again another very simple page...but sometimes I like these the best. Whats not to love about a page that takes you less than 30 minutes to complete?

I'm off to curl up under a down blanket on the couch. Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Clever you Donna, completing your LO in under 30 minutes!! I love your pages!!