2/24/10

Better late then never...

I just realized that I never shared the photos of my "date night" with Jake last month. We do this every year on his birthday but since he turned 12 this year I'm not sure how much longer its going to be cool to spend a night out with Mom. Jake really loves this night just for him so I'll cherish them as long as they last.

We started out at the movies where we saw Avatar. I never thought I would like this movie at all but it was Jake's choice....and what an amazing movie. We both loved it. Definitely a movie better seen on the big screen.

Then we were off to The Cheesecake Factory (Jake's favorite place to eat) He started out with a fried macaroni & cheese appetizer...
Then the main course.... Pasta Carbonara with chicken...
And it wouldn't be a birthday dinner without birthday cake & singing waiters. He's blushing but he really was loving the attention too. It was a fun night out with my favorite boy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's growing up, Momma...but what great memories your date nights are making. It's obvious you enjoy a special bond with each of your children. Brenda

Sonya said...

Yummy!!! And i also thought I would not like Avatar, I was soooo wrong!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Jake! Pictures show a very happy birthday boy! Related to Tanner giving the stare! Our two sure communicate that way too.
Glad all is well with you and that you now have the rice cooker to play with.
Cousin Valerie