10/1/09

lucky number 28

I've come to the conclusion over the past few years that 28 is my lucky number. It comes up everywhere in my life....

I was born on the 28th
I have one phone number that ends in 6028
one that ends in 2815
I bought my house on my birthday the 28th of Sept in 2006
on that day my new phone number was given to me....ending in 2806 (the same day I bought my house...28th day of the month in the year 06) Freaky right?

So this year for my birthday I bought myself another gift....after all it is my lucky day.

I spent a long time making this decision...

Because I had been driving this Jeep.....and I loved this car.

We have so many memories with this fun vehicle...including a trip cross country for a 4 wheeling vacation in Utah. But much as I loved it...it was a huge gas hog and with the miles I drive for work each week I was spending $100 a week on gas. Crazy right?
So it just made sense to go green & trade it in for this hybrid Honda Insight. This car will save me almost $300 a month in gas. Bought on my lucky day of course....the 28th.
Its cute isn't it? And so far this week I am averaging about 55 miles per gallon. Whats not to love about that?
This boy is pretty excited about it too. His favorite part is the navigation system and the hands free functions that go with it. Pretty cool to be able to just say "call home" and your car makes your phone call for you, or 102.5FM and it switches to your favorite radio station. Very cool to be able to do everything from heat, phone, radio & navigation just by speaking what you want.

This car is just so much fun to drive. I'll miss my Jeep for sure....but I think this car is going to help me get over that pretty quick.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

OH!!!! Lovely Donna!! I love your new car. Good on you for treating yourself. we all have to do that from time to time. :-)