8/11/08

A special layout to share...

Special to you...maybe not

Special to me...very much so. Not because I'm pleased with how it turned out.....although I do like the layout. But this one is special to me because it is about the love of 2 of my favorite people. And I love the photo's of my parents in their earlier years...their prom picture, the photo when they were first dating, the photo of them taken the night my dad returned from the airforce after being overseas ( I remember that navy beaded dress so well from my Mom's hope chest when I was a kid...I wonder if its still in there) and the picture of them relaxing in the back yard of their first home in Texas. Also adore the color picture taken of them later in life (probably about 10-15 years ago) Still so in love after all those years.


All of the stickers on this layout are from Basic Grey including the scalloped borders on the inner edge of the 4 quadrants of the page. The "forever" portion of the title is actually not a sticker it is a Vinyl applique from Scrapworks. It works like a rub on but is actually shiny white vinyl. These are actually made for clear scrapbooks...I didn't know that when I purchased them but luckily it worked just fine on cardstock, The rest of the title is chipboard letters from Heidi Swapp.


The tin frame of the bottom right corner photo was original to the picture. Probably came with the purchase when they had the picture taken all those years ago. It was thin enough to use on the page so I just left it as is & added it to the page along with the picture. I like the antique touch it gives to the page.

Below is a closer shot of of the color photo of my Mom & Dad...I love this picture so much. Makes me laugh that my dad was without his shoes...that man was all about comfort. He passed away a few years ago after a long struggle with Parkinsons and I still miss him so much. We were so much alike in so many ways...he loved photograpy and travel as much as I and taking a trip now that he is gone is bittersweet as I don't have him to go over maps & plan my driving routes with. And he's not here to share my photos with after the trip either. But regardless....he is always with me on all my journeys...in my heart forever.

No comments: